Monday, November 6, 2017

My Favorite Quotes

There are only two people that all these quotes come from , Jermaine Lamar Cole and Rupi Kaur. Jermaine (J. Cole) has always been an inspirational person for me. He shows me that no matter how much money you have, how big your house is, how many cars you have, it doesn’t matter if you don’t have your family or people that love you, push you to your best capabilities, and care for who you are and what you do with your life. Rupi Kaur is a poet that has written many poems that have reached me on a very personal level. In her book Milk and Honey, she talks about three different things you could say. The hurting. The breaking. And finally, the healing. To me all of her poems gives you a lesson about loving yourself and what/who you have in your life. Also, to be grateful for the things that have happen to you even if it was a negative impact because it shapes who you are as a person. The first quote from Rupi Kaur is in he Milk and Honey. “Do not look for healing at the feet of those who broke you.” This quote means a lot to me because I have lost many friends over major things they did to me but I still went running back to them and gave them my forgiveness in a heartbeat. Another quote I really love by Rupi is “how you love yourself is how you teach others to love you”. My favorite quote of all time comes out of a song by J. Cole, and it’s called Love Yourz. In the song he talks about how he went from broke to being wealthy, also how much money, fame, etc. you have doesn’t matter if you don’t have family who loves you and pushes you to the best you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Never Saw a Another Buttery: It All Depends Pn How You Look at It

It All Depends On How You Look At It , is personally an amazing poem with so much hidden meaning. Many of the things that the author say...